Scholarship Opportunities & Requirements
Women Leaders Forum offers two scholarship programs for its Young Women Leaders:
- Need-based scholarship in partnership with Pathways to Success. To be eligible, applicant must demonstrate financial need (as identified by academic institutions and FAFSA).
- Merit-based scholarship for girls who do not demonstrate financial need (may be limited to one girl, depending on available funding). To be eligible, a minimum 3.0 GPA is required and continued full-time enrollment throughout the academic year, plus be a school or community leader.
Regardless of which scholarship a girl is seeking, she needs to apply for either scholarship through the Pathways to Success portal (link will be posted in January).
General Scholarship Requirements:
- Permanent resident of the Coachella Valley over the past 3 years
- Attended a California high school for a minimum of 3 years and graduated or completed a GED in the state of California
- Apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by priority deadline (2015 deadline is not available yet, check for updates)
- Must be pursuing their first bachelor or associates degree at an accredited college, university, or academic institution in the U.S.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required and continued full-time enrollment throughout the academic year
- Must be an active participant in ALL Young Women Leader (YWL) sessions.
- Satisfactory completion of YWL Mentor Program
You Make a Difference:
“I would just like to thank you for selecting me, and I would like to inform you that I recently attended orientation at University of California-Riverside, and selected my classes. I will be majoring in biochemistry and taking 13 credits, which makes me a full-time student. I cannot tell you how much WLF's financial support means to me.”
-Erica Razon, 2009 CVHS Scholarship Recipient
"I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH for the scholarship ... It made such a difference to me and my family. I did not have to work during the week thanks to the help from WLF and Pathways to Success. I got a 3.0 both semesters at COD and joined the ACES Program, which will help me transfer quicker and reach my goal of becoming a nurse!"
- Kimberlyn Ramirez, 2011 CCHS Scholarship Recipient
Donations to WLF Scholarship Fund are tax deductible and may be made online at any time or added to WLF dues. To donate online please follow the important steps below:
- Click: Make Scholarship Donation
- Click Add to Cart for donation ticket.
- Your Shopping Cart page will appear. Leave the quantity for the donation ticket at $1.00, you will be able to select a different amount in the next step. Click Checkout.
- Fill out your information. At the bottom of the Checkout page there is a Make a Gift area with a drop down menu in which you are able to select the amount you wish to donate to the scholarship. Please select the amount and click Confirm.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org